Friday, November 13, 2009

MAKING MOVES

Mood: SUPERhuman
Track: Rudy Currence-Zion


What's up blogworld? I hope this entry finds you all in the best of health and the highest of spirits.

I've been thinking lately...I know, never a good sign lol, but I had an epiphany. I have been out of college for almost a year and still have yet to land a job in my field. My parents keep telling me that it's the economy and that things will turn around soon, but I'm tired of hearing that. I am also tired of blaming the economy. I'm sick of hanging around and temporarily accepting mediocrity until the perfect job comes along.

With that being said, I think that I need to get out and search for the perfect job. I think that if I grind hard enough and pound the pavement hard enough, I'll land the career I want. So, I'm making plans to get out and explore more options. I think I have exhausted them all here. Honestly, (at the risk of sounding arrogant and or conceited) I think I'm too big for my town. I think I have more to offer the world and staying here is holding me back. I admire my friends who move away in the search for their dreams (shout out to Puff and Will). I've never been a huge risk taker and all my moves are usually well calculated. Sprinters in races don't look back because it slows them down. I need to get in the race and not look back until I've crossed the finish line.

Graduate school. A career in Journalism. A career in Psychology. There are a lot of options I have and I don't know where to start. One thing I do know is that planning has no purpose if I don't put the plans into action. I can no longer let the fear of striking out keep me from playing the game! Batter up! (I couldn't resist lol).

Until we meet again...

Peace and love...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! We all have our fears. You talked about a fear of failure, but for me it's always been a fear of success. Do i REALLY want all of the responsibility that comes with success? I subconsciously ask myself that question all the time and I honestly don't know. I prefer small scale operations that will accept my mediocre work and treat it as though It were excellent. I get to do what I want with low demands. it's not a formula for success but a formula for consistent. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't let your anxious spirit that is so ready to find your dream job allow you to settle. When you open yourself up to truly fail you in turn open yourself to truly succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is that I have planned to succeed, but what happens once I do? I haven't make a plan for after success comes. Do I just coast through life after that, basking in my success? With much success comes great responsibility and you said it best, "Do i really want what comes with success?"

    ReplyDelete