Sunday, November 22, 2009

BREAK UP


Track: Jeremih: Break Up to Make Up
Mood: Breezy...

Break Up

We've been through this several times before,
but now I'm at my wit's end; I can't do this anymore.

They say if at first you don't succeed, try try again,
but at some point this cycle has to end.

Just when I think we're tip toeing into the gates of Heaven,
all Hell breaks loose.
Oh well, it's the truth.

Your "love" had me blind, so in my mind we were fine;
when all the while my heart was doing time.

I was hypnotized by your eyes;
& entranced by your thighs.

I had to swerve through your curves;
& held a tight grip on your hips.

But your kiss was like venom.

It paralyzed my judgment;
Made me think this was something that it wasn't.

The control you had over my heart had to end;
& before you ask, "nah!" We could never be friends.

With no conditions I accepted your every imperfection;
& now, when I look in the mirror I don't recognize my own reflection.

But I realize & recognize our many tries to revitalize;
A love...
That I don't think has a pulse anymore.

You love me in the morning & loathe me in the evening;
& by night...I don't know how you're gonna feel.

I'm at a constant conflict between my head & heart;
My heart saying, "try again" my head saying, "be smart".

I'm no actor so I'm no good at playing the fool;
& in this production of MY LIFE, heart, you lose.

After this rollercoaster of emotions we've been through;
the only one left is hate...& I can't wait to hate you.

1 comment: