Friday, February 19, 2010

COMMUNICATION


COMMUNICATION

Mood: Confused
Track: Train: Hey Soul Sister

Greetings Blogworld! I hope this entry finds you in the best of health and the highest of spirits. I was just thinking about communication. I reread a post from another blog (#shoutout to FeeleTheReal.Blogspot.com)and it really got me thinking. Have we gone so deep into the pool of technology that we don't even know how to communicate effectively without out blackberrys (or blackberries, I dont really know lol), our email accounts, or our other devices.

I remember when I was a junior in college, my internship supervisor sent me a text message and it completely blew my mind. I thought to myself, "What is she doing texting?" I thought it was funny that she was so...technologically savvy. Now, as I've entered the workforce, I see it more than ever. In the office, people instant message each other when they have questions about a project. My new supervisor sends me text messages or leaves me printed notes about random issues at work. Isn't talking more convenient and effective? I can't tell your true meaning behind a text (unless you add "lol", then I know your're joking). I feel that speaking directly will eliminate a lot of potential confusion.

I was out with some friends and I received a phone call and had to step out to take it. I was gone for about ten minutes (I know that was rude of me). When I returned, one of my friends was shocked that I had a ten minute conversation. He then said, "I don't really talk on the phone. I just text and email." I think I would be insulted if I met a girl who only wanted to text or email me. At some point I think we need to have an actual conversation. Am I crazy? Am I one of those old people who just can't keep up with the latest forms of technology and communication? What do you think?

Until we meet again...

Peace and love...

No comments:

Post a Comment