Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Get Some Power...


Track: Michelle Williams: Purpose in Your Storm

Mood: Chill

Greetings blogworld! I pray this entry finds you in the best of health and the highest of spirits.

Ok, I'm just going to dive in with this topic. I don't go to church. I haven't gone to church regularly in a long time. Honestly, there is very little that I miss about it. I miss the people that I've met and I miss singing on the choir, kinda.

Now, don't think that I'm some heathen who doesn't acknowledge God because that is not the case. I pray often. I read the bible. I meditate. I give God his 10%. There are many things I used to partake in that I choose not to now. I just don't attend church regularly.

My friends and I were talking candidly with a preacher who may have gotten a little too comfortable and made a statement that didn't sit well with me. He said, "I hope church is packed Sunday. I need a new watch." Initially, I laughed and then I got offended. I questioned his statement and he claimed to have been joking. I believe all jokes have a core of truth. As we continued talking, my friends made plans to go to a club the following weekend and the preacher asked if he could meet us there. Again, this didn't sit well with me and I posed the question, "can preachers go to clubs?" He replied, "preaching is my job. I gotta have a life outside of church." I was speechless. I think that once God calls AND chooses you, your life is now to bring souls to HIM. There is no "clocking out" or "time off". This is a large part of what deters people from going to church. Crooked preachers preaching nonsense for personal gain.

I have met the biggest hoes, liars, thieves, crooks, drunks, and everything else you can think of in church. And this is where I should go for spiritual growth? I'm not saying that there are no real dedicated people in church, but I've met some real characters. I've seen too many people do that same thing too many times. I'm over the whole "lets give God the glory" while we're in HIS house and act a foolish mess when they leave. I'm not perfect and never claim to be, but I'm tired of the "Holier than thou" people who raise the most hell.

I consider myself spiritual. I think the term "religious" is too closed minded. Now, don't get me wrong, I thank God for HIS blessings, I pray before I make major decisions, etc. Who knows, maybe I will make it back to church and join again.

I hope I don't offend anyone with this post. Actually, I don't care if I offend anyone with this post. If you're offended then maybe you should rethink what you contribute to church. Shouting is great, but I refuse to celebrate a dead praise. get some power and holla at me later.

With much passion and conviction, until we meet again...

Peace and love...

1 comment: